LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRADEEP KUMAR MISHRA (LAW OFFICER)     10 March 2014

Change of name of minor child

In the birth certificate the name of my child is 'X'. i want to change her name in the school and for all purposes.

can anybody enlighten the procedure for it. Will a mere Affidavit to this effect would do or there is some other mandatory procedure. What would be the problem in future if  I will change the name by swearing an affidavit before a Notary Public only?

Learning

4 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     10 March 2014

Mere affidavit is sufficient to change the name of a baby in birth certificate , but you do one thing to avoid future problems keep inform to the birth and death registration authorities regarding change of name of your baby ,if your baby born in the village then give the application alongwith affidavit to the authority and change the name of your baby in the parivar register pertaining to the authority, if baby was born in town or metropolitan city then city board or nagar nigam accordingly.

Ngaraj N Nyamati (Advocate)     11 March 2014

Dear Pradeepkumar,

You can change the name of your son.

Birth Certificate issued by the competent authorities with name of baby of your choice,father and mother  name is important for education etc. which will solve the problem throughout your/his life.

So, I suggest you to obtain a fresh birth certificate from appropriate authorities from your area. If they have issued birth certificate   mentioning the name of baby of your choice which you require in future. It will solve the problem for you and your baby.

If birth certificate already issued by the competent authority of your baby which does not contain the name of your choice( which you required).  Visit to birth certificate issuing authority,obtain application and  fill up all the col.+ affidivit  duly notarised regarding change of your son and submit for issue of revised.birth certificate of your baby.

I hope the matter is clear to you.

Nagaraj N Nyamati

Ngaraj N Nyamati (Advocate)     11 March 2014

Dear Pradeepkumar,

You can change the name of your son.

Birth Certificate issued by the competent authorities with name of baby of your choice,father and mother  name is important for education etc. which will solve the problem throughout your/his life.

So, I suggest you to obtain a fresh birth certificate from appropriate authorities from your area. If they have issued birth certificate   mentioning the name of baby of your choice which you require in future. It will solve the problem for you and your baby.

If birth certificate already issued by the competent authority of your baby which does not contain the name of your choice( which you required).  Visit to birth certificate issuing authority,obtain application and  fill up all the col.+ affidivit  duly notarised regarding change of your son and submit for issue of revised.birth certificate of your baby.

I hope the matter is clear to you.

Nagaraj N Nyamati

PRADEEP KUMAR MISHRA (LAW OFFICER)     11 March 2014

Thank U Joshi Sir and Nyamati Sir for your valuable suggestions

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register