LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nikkip (Dir)     23 November 2012

Change of name of member in housing society

I have legally changed my name after purchasing flat in Mumbai in my name via Maharashtra Gazette. The agreements etc are in the old name. I need to have my new name reflected in the share certificates which will now be issued after formation of society. Can anyone please advise what are the laws/procedures to effect the change of name in the society register and get the share certificate in the new name. Thank You.

Learning

4 Replies

Nandagopal Rao (Retainer)     23 November 2012

If you have legally changed your name under the relevant state laws, nothing to worry.  Produce the certificate showing the change in name issued by the competant authority to the Society along with application to record such new name in the society records. 

nikkip (Dir)     23 November 2012

Thank you very much for your response.   I also thought this would be enough and gave a written application and attached a Maharashtra gazette copy to the letter.  However the society is new and unsure of the laws.  Is the procedure for name change written in any bye laws or anywhere else that I can show them? 

Nandagopal Rao (Retainer)     24 November 2012

Its general practice.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     24 November 2012

U GIVE A CERTIFICATE OF CHANG NAME IN SOCIETY WITH APPLICATION AND THEN SOCIETY CHANG YOUR NAME FROM OLD NAME TO NEW NAME.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register