LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Malli (software engineer)     28 October 2011

Change of name(minor) in dob certificate


  My son is 5 years old. i would like to change his name in the date of birth certificate and in the passport also.His original date of birth certificate is issued from Rangareddy District(Kukapally-Hyderabad).

Can anyone please let me know the procedure for his name change in both DOB and PASSPORT?

Thanking you in advance




 10 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     28 October 2011

best engage a lawyer, because its risk of the matter

Latha chennai (Advocate/Trade Mark Attorney)     28 October 2011

Please take the help of an advocate near by.

Md. Muneeruddin (Advocate)     29 October 2011

You need to take the following legal steps:

1)  File a Civil Sut for Declaration of date of birth of your child with proper reason for past mistake in dob

2) In the civil suit, implead the GHMC commissioner and Regional passport officer as a defendant No.1 & 2 and make "All concern" as defendant No.3

3) Normally, the official respondents will remain exparte and paper publication is ordered by the court for all concerned.

4) Once the suit is decreed, approach the Government press, Chanchalguda, Hyderabad for notification as prescribed by them in specified format

6) After publication, contact any passport agent for rectification of name in the passport

Best wishes for complying such lenghty procedure on your ow



VIKRAM BALU (Advocate)     01 November 2011

Buy an application for name change from the government and pay the necessary fees along with your application. The Name change will be published in the Government Gazzette and a copy will be sent to you by post. Use the Gazzette publication as proof and get your certificates/ Passport corrected with the concerned officials.

Rasik Dagli (Lawyer)     13 August 2012

I agree wityh Vikram Babu. His answer is most appropriate.

Rasik Dagli


Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 March 2013

Obtain an application from GHMC., for change of name in Birth certificate. Two gazetted officers certificates, and an affidavit and Hospital letter from where the child was born etc. to be submitted along with above said application form in the concerned municipality office at your area.

Rakesh Rayala (Assistant Manager)     18 April 2013

Hello Malli,

Were you able to get the name change done, I did approch GHMC but they directed me to Publication department at Chancalguda in hyderabad. As mentioned by Rasik and Vikram the process is straight forward and simple, I even found the below links which refers the same but what is surprising is the department responsible to do it does not have a clue about the process.




Let me know how you were able to do it, I am looking to change my daughter's name.



Rakesh R

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 April 2013

Application for name correction available im GHMC head office or regional offices. Attach two gazetted officers certificates for name change and date of birth to the application form and an affidavit and old birth certificate original and hospital certificate where child was born submit it in the GHMC. 

Jeelan Basha (Analyst)     04 May 2013


Could anyone guide me in getting Birth Certificate correction done for my childrens in kadapa district (Andhra pradesh). As we are staying in karnataka. what is the procedure.

1) First child, she is 5 years old: Misplaced birth certifcate and want to apply new with correction in parents and child name as i have a xerox copy.

2) Second child, she is 2 years old: changes in parents and child name correction.

Please advise the procedure to apply.




Vali   24 December 2015

Hello Malli,

Have you done name change for your child. Could you please help me with the procedure.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register