Change of name in birth cetificate

Which of the following is the most "appropriate" and "fast" procedure for the changing the name of a 5yr old in the birth certificate itself? 

  1. Filing of a suit for declaration u/s 34, Specific Relief Act, with the consequential relief of mandatory injunction directing authorities to change the name. 
  2. Submitting an application for publishing the changed name in the state gazette. 

The purpose is a change in the birth certificate itself i.e. issuance of a NEW Birth Certificate with necessary correction. The father of the child is in Armed forces and posted in J&K, while the family resides in haryana --where the child was born and from where certificate was issued. 

An application has already been made to the authorities for the correction, but there has been no response for over 2 months now. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x