IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pankaj (PhD)     02 October 2013

Change of name

Dear all,

I would like to change my name from PANKAJ to PANKAJ SAHLOT. I am basically from Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh and currently I am studying, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.

As right now, I am in Ahmedabad so I am thinking to complete this process from here it self. But I am facing problem because many people are confusing me. So I need your help to solve my some queries. 

1.            Should I give my permanent address (Ghaziabad, U.P) or residing address (Ahmedabad, Gujarat) in Affidavit or both?

2.            Should I publish in Ghaziabad news paper or Ahmedabad or Both ?

3.            Should I publish an advertisement in U.P gazette office or Gujarat Gazatte office or both.


Please give your precious time and suggestion so that i can take best decision and never face any problem in future 

Thanks in advance


 2 Replies

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     05 October 2013

Basically you are from Uttar Pradesh you must apply for change of your name Uttar Pradesh.

pankaj (PhD)     05 October 2013

Dear Mr. Gangadhar,

First of all thanks a lot for your response. I am looking for a way so that i can complete this process from ahmedabad. I know U.P government doesn't  have systematic procedure. I would like to ask you can i give advertisement in Gazette of Gujarat or Gazette of INDIA. in place of gazette of U.P. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query