LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BobbyRachel (MT)     13 April 2012

Change of name

My full name is S. Rachel...  In 10th, 12th and degree certificates it is S. Rachel.. as well as in Passport, PAN card, Voters ID, Driving License...

I would like to change my name as S. Bobby Rachel...

May i know what is the procedure and how long will take???


 4 Replies

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     13 April 2012

You can change your name by publishing the same in the official gazette of your state government. For that you are required to visit the Government Gazette Office of your state and fill up a form and submit the same along with necessary charges. The charges are nominal. There are two types of applications.

1. Oridinary:- In this, the change in name will be published in gazette within 60 days.

2. Urgent:- In this, the change in name will be published in gazette within 15 days. But the charges for the same is more.


Where are you from?? I can guide you better if you are from Mumbai.

BobbyRachel (MT)     13 April 2012

No Sir... I am from Tamilnadu...

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     14 April 2012

Please contact my friend mr. Tom advocate who is an expert in this site. He too is from Tamil Nadu. He can guide you better.

The process is the same in most of the states.

RAAJIV GARG (-)     16 May 2012


The same case is of mine.I am from NOIDA(U.P).Can U pls tell me the location of state Gazette office in U.P.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query