LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harkirat   23 May 2015

Change of mother's surname in cbse class xth and xii certif

Hi, The surname of my mother on my class 10 and 12 certificate is spelled as KAUR. Whereas, actually it is KOUR. How could I get it changed. I completed my class 10 in 2003. Because of this, I'm unable to prove her dependency for an Australian visa, on me as my mother. What is the expected time the process takes and is there a way to fatal it?. In also planning to file an RTI to get further details, if possible. Please advise.. Thanks

 4 Replies

Abhishek Dadhich (Advocate)     23 May 2015

As per my knowledge, you will need identitty documents supporting your mother's correct name. If don't have, an affidavit will have to be executed by your mother, get it noratied and furnish it to the board of examination for correction in your mother's name.

Abhishek Dadhich Advocate 9828663770


Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     24 May 2015

Why do not try and obtain visa under the spellings existing in the certficates? Cosult a local lawyer

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 May 2015

Forward an application to this effect to the respective CBSE regional office, duly recommended by your school principal. Attach an attested copy of school record. Your mother surname will be changed as in the school record.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 May 2015

You may follow some of the appreciable expert advise by learned advocates, if found feasible. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query