Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shantesh Gollagi (Asst. Professor)     24 March 2010

Change of Lawyer...

Sir,

Recently, in  land dispute  case , I approached the one of the lawyer in Taluka Civil Court where my opposite party has registerd the case. I fixed him for dealing the case with necessary fees paid. Since then, every time I meet him he used give new date and ask me to come  to appear before the court. When I go to court on that day, I did't find any of my opposite party or their lawyer  in the court premises. When I asked  my lawyer about this, he used to say that  it was cancelled and I I have  to come on next  date and pay 100/- now. It is going on this way for last 6 months. Really, I m not getting wheather he is doing or not doing anything for  case. I m fadeup with lawyer. Can I change the lawyer or approah Lawyer association?

Please suggest me, Its most urgent....

Regards

Learning

3 Replies

D.K.Lakshmi,BL.MBA(HR) (Legal Executive)     24 March 2010

Mr.Shantesh,

We very sorry to receive such incidents through our lawyers, Finally you once again approach  your lawyer in request manner, and ask him, stage of your case, if you will not receive correct manner, than collect a documents from him, which is lodged about case along with sign in vakalat paper.( vakalat sign is necessary for change a lawyer).

Thank u

Lakshmi

Shyam Ji Srivastava (Practising Lawyer)     24 March 2010

Dear Santesh

Really it is a matter of shame . you can change your lawyer at your choice, In this case you please  contact once again and if he not replied properlyyou lodge your complaint with local Bar Association and also with concerned  State Bar Council.

Shyam Ji Srivastava

Advocate

narendra_vakhil (Advocate)     25 March 2010

Dear Shantesh,

You can change the Lawyer at any point of time.  You need to get "No objection" from the Advocate on record to appoint some other Advocate. If you know the case No. then you can verify the status of the case at enquiry counter. I don't know why few of our professionals are indulging in these kind of practices, it's a shame on our profession. We are here to serve people not to harass them.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register