LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr. T.K. Jacob   12 August 2020

Change of land ownership

My father registered 2 acres of agricultural land (inherited from his father) in my name 25 years ago and I have been paying the land tax since then in my name. Whether my father can make a will for the land in favour of my brother. We belong to christian family. My father is enjoying the income from the land as per conditions in the registered document. 

Learning

3 Replies

{Balu manikantan} SUBRAMANYAM (Practising Advocate)     12 August 2020

As the property is on your name a WILL cannot be  made by your father. Moreover how did your Father has registered the ancestral property on your name with conditions.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     12 August 2020

Hello,

After transferring the land in your name your father cannot again make will of the same land in your brother's name. You have stated in your query that your father is enjoying the income from the land as per conditions mentioned in the registered document. So you have to scrutinise the document from advocate and take legal opinion from local advocate.

Shashi Dhara   13 August 2020

As you belong to Christian  the land belongs to you.without verifying documents opinion is not  proper.so contact  advocate with documents to verify for opinion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register