LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dhruba Basu (deputy manager)     26 January 2016

Change of gender and name based on nalsa vs uoi judgment

dear sir/madam,

after the NALSA judgement was passed i made an affidavit for self declaration of gender which said, "my gender assigned at birth was female but i did not confirm to the same but since the law did not permit me i continued to maintain female as my gender though i did not confirm to the same. now i wish to change my gender form female to male."

i had published the change of name and gender in The Kolkata Gezette Extraordinary, which mentions the judgement and says, "it is further stated that X daughter of Shri A Smt. B and Y son of Shri A and Smt. B is the one same and identicial person."

with the help of these two documents i have changed my Aadhaar card, Pan card, Voter Card, LIC documents. 

My office that is State Bank of India however is unwilling to accept the judgement. they do not consider the above documents as identity document. they are citing (verbally) every dumb excuse like, the gezette notification is in part II, it shoul appear in Part I, the govt. should say that this person have changed his gender, and now after 1 year ( i have submitted my application 1 and half year ago) they are saying the heading should be "change of gender" not "change of name". 

what can i do now? attached is the copy of my gezette notification. please see whether is it as per norms or not. 

my officce is mentally torturing me. i am not being able to bear this any more. please, help me.




 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register