LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mehul D   15 February 2019

Change of father's name who is no more

Hello, I need to update my father's name in all my personal documents. Kindly suggest. Thanks


 3 Replies

vinay_2431 (engineer)     16 February 2019


how can you change your Father's name ? you can only update the father's name if its missing or not printed properly in the documents.

   What Exactly do you mean by "CHANGE OF FATHER??"   



Rajiv Thakur   16 February 2019


@Vinay Ji:- This situation is possible where a widow is remarried and wants to update/change her kid's(from earlier wedlock) fathers name.

@Mehul Ji:-All subsequent Edu. records follow information mentioned in 10 Marksheet and usually upto 2 years, you can get rectification in it, but it varies Board to Board.  
In case kid have not completed his 10th, its easy task. But after it, its little ache. I suggest to first make an application to concerned board director, thereafter you might need to provide some declaration etc. 

vinay_2431 (engineer)     18 February 2019

Thaks Ravi Thakur sir,

   These days we have AADHAR for identity, do we still need 10th class ceritficate's for showing our identity ??the below statement of yours is still TRUE ??

"In case kid have not completed his 10th, its easy task."


Best Regards,


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register