New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijendra Tamangiriya   20 August 2022

Change of father's name in pan card

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

I have submitted my father's name change request in my PAN Card. PAN services unit is asking for submitting gazette notification for updating father's name.

I am unaware about the process of publication of father's name change in official gazette. 

Since my father expired, Gazette notification for change in father's  name can not be submitted by my father.

Kindly help me with the complete process of publication of father's name change in official gazette so that my father's name can be updated in PAN card and other documents.


Thanks and Regards

Vijendra Singh Tamangiriya


 3 Replies

Swadha   20 August 2022

Pan Card Father Name Correction Documents Required

Reasons for correction of Father’s Name in PAN Card

 Yes, you can modify your father’s name in PAN. There are two kinds of corrections:

  1. Actual name changes or significant corrections:

Publication in the official gazette or issuance of a certificate by a gazette officer, together with relevant proof of identity of the applicant with the requested Father’s Name;

  1. Minor Changes to Father’s Name:

When there is a minor error, the applicant’s relevant evidence of identity with Father’s Name documents are required.

PAN Card Father Name Correction Documents Required

The following are some of the pan card father name correction documents required:

  1. An elector’s photo identification card
  2. Ration card with applicant’s photograph
  3. A passport
  4. A driving licence
  5. An arm’s licence
  6. AADHAR Card issued by India’s Unique Identification Authority
  7. A photo identification card issued by the Central Government, a State Government, or a Public Sector Undertaking
  8. Pensioner Card with the applicant’s photograph;
  9. Photo ID for the Central Government Health Scheme or the Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme.
  10. Original identity certificate signed by a Member of Parliament, Legislative Assembly Member, Municipal Councilor, or Gazette Officer.
  • Bank certificate in original on letterhead from the branch containing the applicant’s attested photograph and bank account number.

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 August 2022

Why you want this cumbersome change?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 August 2022

You have stated that your father is already expired, accordingly it can not be changed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register