Change of dob not more than 2 years

Dear sir\madam,

We have issued PASSPORT of my daughter on 31/03/2008 with dob 12/07/2002 issuing authority is bhubaneswar Munciplity Corporation (BMC), within month we know that birth certificate issued by BMC is wrong by 1 year i.e, 12/07/2003 and we rectified it and issued another birth crtificate with 12/07/2003. At the time of re-issue passport, PIA deny to passport with DOB 12/07/2003, they said Court Order from First Class Magister required but we quote circular no para (d) of circular no VI/401/2/5/2001 dated 29/10/2007 they deny to re-issue passport with dob 12/07/2003. Please guide us what can do ?



you have to file a miscellanious petition before metropolitiam majistrate or cjm and u will get the desired changes and then your work will be done by the passport office..


thank u sir

how long it will take.


You have to file an application for necessary changes before the appropriate authority.  However, if he ask any court order you have to approache higher authority.  apart from this you have to file a complaint against the officer.  And file an application befero the court to take neccessary action.





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x