LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Change of applicant

Dear Sirs/Madams,

If im the invenor and have a patent which is under prosecution and  not yet granted. 

If I want to assign the patent rights can I do so before the grant?

Can anyone please elaborate the difference between form 13 and form 16 of the Indian patent act

I think Form 16 has to be filed for transfer of rights of a granted patent to other


 4 Replies

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     02 April 2013

You need to file Form 6 under Patent Act if the Patent is still not granted.




Thank u.  I mentioned form-13 instead of Form6.

Can anyone elaborate in which case we use form16

Is it  filed if the patent is granted and the applicant wihes to license or transfer his rights to other.



Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     02 April 2013

In case of granted patent we use Form 16.



Thank u

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register