LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chilambuselvan   12 August 2015

Change of address spell mistake in birth certificate

Hi, I need to correct a small spell mistake of residential Address in my daughters Birth certificate.

is it possible by directly visiting Regional corporate office, chennai or what is the procedure to follow.


 1 Replies

srishti jain   27 July 2021

As per your query,

To change or update the name in the birth certificate is not a difficult task. You can get your name changed in the Birth Certificate by following the below stated simple steps.


Step 1: Obtain 'Birth Certificate Update/correction Form' the municipal corporation office or gram panchayat where your child took birth.

Step 2: Obtain an affidavit from a local notary and approach the officer regarding the change of address in the birth certificate. Make an affidavit on a non-judicial stamp paper of minimal and mention the reason for the name change.

Step 3: Fill the correction form and submit it to the municipal corporation along with an affidavit or certified copy with the judge's original signature.

Step 4: After the completion of the application process, publish the advertisement in the local newspaper and your state official Gazette publication.

For the name change publication in the official Gazette, you need to write an application letter to the Gazette office with supporting documents such as a copy of the local newspaper advertisement, affidavit, passport size photo, and your application form.


Hope it helps,



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register