Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohd Akbar Ali Khan (Owner)     26 September 2012

Change name in birth certificate and passport...help!

Hello.

Straight to the point :)!

My name is Mohammad Khan but due to a mistake they mispalled it as Mohamed Kan, please tell me the procedure to correct it in both Passport and Birth Certificate. I would be very thankful for a guiding answer's.

Mohd Khan

Learning

6 Replies

merocksDsite (D site)     27 September 2012

In addition to the affidavit you need some proof regarding your name.like matric certificate or any other. Then you will have to publish your name in the newspaper.elses senior will reply you.

andz (clerk)     27 September 2012

agree with Mr.Gowda.

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     27 September 2012

to have a change in the passport,pasport authority always demands a court orders copy as procedure to change in the name in passport only can be made by a court orders ,you have to file a simple declaration suit in the civil court and obtain the court orders ,it can take 4 to 6 months depending upon the burden of the courts and including the notice period given after publication.

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     28 September 2012

After following the advise of Mr.Gowda and merockdsite. For the change in name of birth certificate and passport particularly in passport . The passport authority requires court order in change of name in passport for this you must file a declaration suit with affadavit and xerox copy of relevant document in the suit with an annexure of list of documents filed which proves your name. The entire process will take atleast 6 months subjected to the pendancy of suits in court and burden on court including notice period. After the gazzete and court order of the suit then publish it in all the leading national and local newspaper.

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     28 September 2012

What happens on this site. My reply is posted three times though i have submitted once. Many of our LCI members have already drawn the attention to the admin including me several times but all went in vain. The server is still scary. Please sort out this problem.

merocksDsite (D site)     01 October 2012

Thank you rajeev your reply is appreciated.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register