LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh (sd)     01 December 2015

Change name and adding husbend name in passport

​I am getting married next year. Currently I am working out side of India. Basically me and my wife is from West Bengal. After getting married my company will dependency pass, so that my wife can come over here. Now the question is - 
  1. Adding my name in her passport as a Legal Guardian and Name of Spouse is it enough to get Dependent Pass? 
  2. How long it will take to do this?
  3. She is not staying​ with ​parents, so is it possible to collect that passport after all process done in different address or collect it by hand?​
​If any body can help me in this case that will be helpful. Also if there is any charge applicable I am willing to pay.​

Learning

8 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     01 December 2015

Author, 1.and 2. you have to produce "marriage certificate" issued by the registrar (Marriage officer/marriage registrar) before the passport authority after getting marriage.  Before marriage, the name of father should be written.3.she may give her residence address where she is staying.

Rakesh (sd)     01 December 2015

Originally posted by : kavksatyanarayana
Author, 1.and 2. you have to produce "marriage certificate" issued by the registrar (Marriage officer/marriage registrar) before the passport authority after getting marriage.  Before marriage, the name of father should be written.3.she may give her residence address where she is staying.

Thanks for your reply. If she going to give that new address which is not mentioned in her passport is it ok?

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     02 December 2015

Replied aptly by Mr Satyanarayana, but in addition to that why do want to include the term'LEGAL GAURDIAN" when UR name as spouse will be mentioned? As far as address is concerned she would be mentioning her marital address.

Rakesh (sd)     03 December 2015

Originally posted by : SAINATH DEVALLA
Replied aptly by Mr Satyanarayana, but in addition to that why do want to include the term'LEGAL GAURDIAN" when UR name as spouse will be mentioned? As far as address is concerned she would be mentioning her marital address.

Actually she wants to add that is there any problem?
And in case of address is it possible to collect the passport by hand.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     03 December 2015

But when the spouse name is being added,the term "LEGAL GAURDIAN" is irrelevant.

Passport can be collected by the applicant personally at the Regional Passport Office only in case of Urgency.He/She has to submit an application stating the reasons for collecting in person.

Rakesh (sd)     04 December 2015

But when the spouse name is being added,the term "LEGAL GAURDIAN" is irrelevant.

Passport can be collected by the applicant personally at the Regional Passport Office only in case of Urgency.He/She has to submit an application stating the reasons for collecting in person.

​Thanks again for your reply. I understand your point there is no meaning of doing that but she want to change it because in one case that is beneficial for us. 
  1. But is it possible to change this 3 things together (Legal Guardian, Spouse Name, Address) ?
  2. If yes then what is the procedure?
  3. And she is now moving to Bangalore so not possible to collect it from home (Kolkata) also not possible to give any address proof at Bangalore. So is this reason is enough? 
  4. And last thing as I know even though passport has issued at kolkata, she can do this all process at Bangalore also. Am I right?

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     04 December 2015

The reply to points 1 to 4 are in the negative.

Rakesh (sd)     06 December 2015

The reply to points 1 to 4 are in the negative.

What do you mean by negative?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register