LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karan (self)     28 January 2014

Change name after marriage

Is it possible to change of name after 30 years of marriage???

before marriage her name is XYZ

but after marriage she not change her name  legally, but she get her  voter card, ration card, pan card in the name of ABC, as  her husband apply ,

but  her father did some investment on her old name (XYZ) 35 years ago, but now she have not any ID and residence proof on the old name XYZ 

now she wants to get legal certificate of change in name from XYZ  to ABC

How  is it possible??
plz tell me procedure ...


 1 Replies

S K KARNjhc (Legal Adviser)     29 January 2014

Mr karan as you have said voter/ration/pan everything has been new name whatsoeveer, this is quite impossible as there requires concrete document to prove date of birth, if pan is applied from educated or somebody else, they have to give affidavit in his/her name to declare him/her self to be true, only then the name is allowed to be changed to use officially, One has to publish his/her affidavit in local/ntional news paper declaring him/her self to be known by his/her new name, that is concrete, Sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query