LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi   13 January 2017

Change my daughter surname

I am very unlucky father in this world which not able to give my surname to his daughter. I fell in love with already marriage girl on 2012 , her husband was impotent and she is not been in physical relationship with her husband, we are living in living relationship till 3 years in Bangalore during that time she got pregnant , since I am very much scared with my family and society I didn't accept her and she willing to keep the baby , so she decide to go and live with her husband and deliver baby there , her husband do not have any problem in this then after 9 months we are blessed with beautiful daughter . Now I have realize my mistake and want to marry her mother and live with my daughter by doing this daughter surname has to be change since I am her naturally biological father but as per paper her husband is biological father . Please suggest what best I can do in this case her husband has no problem in giving divorce to her.

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ravi
I am very unlucky father in this world which not able to give my surname to his daughter.

I fell in love with already marriage girl on 2012 , her husband was impotent and she is not been in physical relationship with her husband, we are living in living relationship till 3 years in Bangalore during that time she got pregnant , since I am very much scared with my family and society I didn't accept her and she willing to keep the baby , so she decide to go and live with her husband and deliver baby there , her husband do not have any problem in this then after 9 months we are blessed with beautiful daughter .

Now I have realize my mistake and want to marry her mother and live with my daughter by doing this daughter surname has to be change since I am her naturally biological father but as per paper her husband is biological father .

Please suggest what best I can do in this case her husband has no problem in giving divorce to her.

You just had jolly time with her.

If you pursue this matter, what will happen is, 

you will go to jail under IPC 497.

you will pay alimony to the kid as it is yours.

the kid will have a share in your property (ancestral).

Free tension headaches and umpteen rounds to court gauranteed.

Live in relations are only for s*xual satisfaction, and nothing else, she left you, she is better off with her husband, there seems to be perfect understanding between them, you will be the intruder, even though she slept with you, she cannot be punished.  You will be punished because you slept with married woman, irrespective of what the circumstances were.

Stay away and be happy. Next time dont go for live-in relationship.

Thats option 1

If her husband is ready to give divorce, let her approach court of law and take divorce decree, after that you can jollywell marry her and give your name to your biologilcal kid.

In matters like this, mind is fickle, if husband plans to bring you to the books, then above explained will happen.

Tread carefully.  Woman can change at any point.

Ravi   13 January 2017

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your valuable reply , but she also love me and she is with her husband due to circumtances and till now I am helping her totally in terms of financialy and moraly but now she also want to get out of her husband house .

Please help how can I come from this situation.

Thanks,

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     13 January 2017

Let her first take official divorce and thereafter you can think of marrying her.

Ravi   13 January 2017

Thanks for the reply,

Please let me know the procedure to change surname after marriage .

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 January 2017

this question may arise if she divorce her husband.

Ravi   13 January 2017

Which question ?

whatnot   14 January 2017

Assume that baby is currently using husband Family name.

Let's analyse the facts.

1) Wife and Husband agree and go for Mutual (best option) Consent Divorce after negotitations

2) Wife gets Divorce by decree sometime in six months after applying for divorce and becomes divorcee

3) Querist marries wife.

4) Adoption paper filed with consent of now ex-husband.

5) Legally baby name changed to current querist.

But the question will always remain.. Who is biological father?. This will be illegimate child all its life.

Progeny can never be off the stain that it was born out of wedlock.

Period.

Change in sirname is for your gulity conscious. Deed is already illegal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register