LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanghvi Sanju Nellore   26 July 2020

Change in Proofs

iam adopted by my uncle and Aunt 23 years ago...Now both of them got expired but the names in my proofs (Aadhar/pan) are my real Fathers name....Can i register property or should i need to change name in proofs?


 4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 July 2020

Is there any evidence regarding your adoption ? 

If so, the properties left behind by adoptive parents is  inherited by you. Get it endorsed/ transferred/ mutated in relevant records.

why did you get name of your biological (natural) father mentioned in Aadhar Card ?

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 July 2020

Once there is evidence that you are adopted, continue the same identity, as including the biological father's name at this point may go against you if the adopted parents have some distant relatives that are claimants for their property.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 July 2020

The posting suggests deeper issues. Please post the complete facts.

Raghav Tanaji   28 July 2020


You claim that you have been adopted 23year ago. Is that legal adoption? have been adopted u/s as per Section 7, 8 of Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act 1956.

Aadhar Unique Identification Authority of India was created in 2009 i.e 11 years ago ( you should have been 12years )

You have right to property of the adoptive parents under Hindu  succession Act unless you prove that you a certificate of adoption or a competent court has declared your adoption legal.

Kindly provide complete relevant details, for appropriate response.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register