Change in dob on passport

Hi All,

Could you please advise If I need a First class judicial magistrate's /Sub-divisional magistrate's (civil court) court order to change the date of birth on my passport if the discrepancy was due to a typo in the earlier birth certificate.

In 1991, I made a application for a new passport and used a birth certifcate which mention the date of birth as 22nd instead of 23rd (the birth certificate too was extracted from the muncipal office by my passport agent on my request and i didn't pay any heed to discrepancy then).

When I requested for birth cerificate again in 2008, they issued a new certificate with DOB as 23rd. please note that 23rd is my actual DOB and all my certificates are based on that.

Now the problem is that I need to apply for a visa and the embassy people are asking for my birth certificate, I am sure how I should proceed in this regard.

When I check the documents required wizard on the passport office portal (to chnage the DOB on my passport), It asked me, if the chnage of DOB request is due to different DOB in different documents. Literally YES but technically not as I had provided the municiapl birth certificate then and would be using the same certificate now. If the answer is YES, I need a First class judicial magistrate's /Sub-divisional magistrate's (civil court) court order. Appreciate your advise on the same.

Thanks much,




you are going the rtight way ,get orders from civil judge regarding this on declaration suit.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x