Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Parth (-)     20 March 2012

Change in date of birth (more than 2 years of difference)

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and also not from Law field. So, if any of my question doesn't make sense or silly please let me know.

Now, back to the point: My mother's date of birth mentioned in Birth Certificate conflicts with the one mentioned in School Leaving Certificate and the difference on DOB is more than 2 years (2 year and 1 month). Now, at the time of applying for Passport, as per rule she had to submit Leaving Certificate and due to which date of birth in passport is incorrect.

Now, due to some unavoidable circumstances, date of birth in passport must be corrected. But when I checked the procedure on to change the date of birth in passport, required documents mentioned civil court order.

Document Code: 8052First class judicial magistrate's /Sub-divisional magistrate's (civil court) court order,if change in DoB is more than 2 years or in case of conflicting documents/ if change in place of birth involves change of State or Country) (In case change of place of birth involves change of country, also attach Document No. 7(Certificate of citizenship by MHA)))

Now, can anyone tell me how much time would it take to get an order from civil court and what documents I need to submit for the procedure. If anyone can tell me about the approximately money I have to spend on procedure than that would be great!

Thanks in advanced


 4 Replies

Rajesh Kulkarni (Advocate)     22 September 2012

hello Parth you got right attachment correction of date of birth in passport is now subject to Judgment and Decree from concerned jurisdictional Civil Court.... as par as your question is concerned case time is what matters the clients but for your information these type of cases are being adjudicated quickly..... so filing case is the only option left to you.....

Ajit (AVP)     18 February 2014

Hi, I am facing a similar case with the passport of my sister. We want get the DOB in passport as mentioned in the birth certificate. As the passport is from Thane, is there any lawyer from Thane or Mumbai who can who can provide his professional service to resolve this issue. Kindly guide.


vishal (none)     04 October 2014


I applied for passport 2 years back but at the time when i got that i didn't check all the details inside. after few time i checked and found that there is a gap in my DOB is 5 year as i had submitted the correct documents and filled the form correctly also. I don't come know on which bases they are printing the passport. I went to passport office for the same and they told me after 3 month post issue  we can correct it but after that you have to go through process. As per document code 8052 they are asking for judicial magistrate (civil court) order, Please tell me how to proceed for the same.

ashish   20 June 2015

hi , my dob is incorrect by less than 2 years but my documents are conflicting so wat can i do to change my dob


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query