LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sabjeet singh (ec engg)     04 October 2012

Change in date of birth


I am a final year student doing ec engg. I have different date of birth in my SSc marksheet and Transfer Certificate.

In SSc marksheet its 25/05/1991 and in Transfer certificate its 27/05/1991. I am from CBSE board.

My original date of birth is 27/05/1991. I have to go for SSB interview in Air Force in November. Please give me advice what should i do now to get the same date of birth in both the documents. 

Or if there is any other alternative please suggest me that also.


 6 Replies

T. George Mathew (Advocate)     04 October 2012


 you can make an afidavit for the same stating that the correct date of  birth 27/05/1991 and it is a mistake by the authority in entering in the ssc. I hope you have got your birth certificate, as it is more legally binding document, attach the copy wherever you need to show a proof of your date of birth , use the notorised affidavit when you have to show the SSc marksheet.  You can also  meet the school principal and ask about the possibility of making a correction in the certificate. 

1 Like

sabjeet singh (ec engg)     04 October 2012

thank you so much sir for your instant reply...

yes sir i approached my principal but later i came to know that i had to change my date fo birth in SSc marksheet within 2 years from passing.

but now its 5 years i have passed out my 10th class. So she cant help me out for this.

Is Affidavit the best option for this case??

What i will have to do for this?

sabjeet singh (ec engg)     04 October 2012

and yes sir how much time will it take to produce an affidavit??

I really need your help sir.. thank u..

T. George Mathew (Advocate)     05 October 2012

If you can provide your details or call me in my no. if you are in Mumbai. I will  mail you th draft, contact me in my email Id

1 Like

sabjeet singh (ec engg)     05 October 2012

Thank you sir for your reply.

Sir i have sent an email to you.

Please check your gmail account.

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     07 October 2012

Follow Advocate T. George Mathew . The mistake committed not by you. You may approach the Board also. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register