LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sober dad (retired)     31 October 2022

Change in account from sacing to nro

I am from Uttar Pradesh and I am pension holder, retired in 2014, In Bank my account is savings. 

When I was still in job, my children who are settled in Canada arranged my  Canadian citizenship. 

And I became OCI.

I want to bring my pension money to Canada from India for my expenses etc.

I want to know what will be the process for this and how will the money be transferred. 

My Account in Indian Bank is continuously running since more than 45 years as "SAVINGS" I need to know what will be Bank account procedure converting to NRO or NRI account.How it will be done .(legal)

I am OCI, is there any provision of FEMA etc. or penalty etc. in this process. 

Please give legal advice

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     31 October 2022

Following are the steps to convert resident savings account to an NRO savings account:

• Contact the bank where you have your resident savings account and request for conversion from a resident account to the NRO account.
  • Fill in the conversion of resident savings account to NRO account form. ...
  • Get the form signed by all the account holders.
  • Collect photocopies of all supporting documents – visa/ work permit, OCI/ PIO card, passport copy, etc.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 December 2023

You can dra pension abaord.  You are not the first of last pensioner to have settled abroad.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register