Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ullas (professional)     06 November 2012

Change idate of birth in birth certificate

Dear Sir,

I was born in sharjah on 11th jan 1990 around 11:50pm( IST +4:30). Since at that time  birth certificate was not important my parents didnt collect it. Now since its mandatory for passport i somehow manged to obtain a birth certificate from dubai consulate , but my DOB is 11th on it and no  time was mentioned.

Since my  parents decided to follow IST my DOB was given 12 th jan in all academic and corporate records.

Can you please advice on how to proceed with this change in DOB to apply for passport for 12 th jan.

If needed to file an application in court ,please tell me the process ,fees and time it will take.

I have the certificate of record of birth issued by sharjah hospital , and entry of birth in mothers old passport and all the other academic certificates.

Learning

2 Replies

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     06 November 2012

Dear Ullas, I do not understand that why you want the time of your birth. Do you want to prepare horoscope or you want to apply for Indian Passport. I hope you have left UAE and presently residng at India but did your parents not apply for your passport while their sojourn in UAE? But how without passport and Visa you were allowed to stay in UAE? Anyway I am not a spy to enquire about all these details.

If your date of birth is 11-01-1990 with the day-month and year then what is the problem? You have either to ractify that defects in your documents or forget about the DOB issued from Dubai consulate. You apply as an illiterate with affidavit with DOB 11-01-1990 otherwise it would be very difficult to solve you problem which is very unique.

ullas (professional)     07 November 2012

Hi I didnt realise all the details were not  present. 

my parent's came back after 1994, so my date of birth   given in india  for academic's was 12th jan based on IST.So my  all other proofs have DOB as 12th jan.

i dont have any passport,  and need to apply one indian passport.  I found the need of birth certificate when i was trying to join in corporate sector. So through some friends of parents in dubai, somehow obtained the birth certificate from dubai consulate, SInce the time was missing i cannot use that to prove my DOB as 12th based on IST.

So i can proceed with change in some  proofs with birth certificate, but changing in academic 10th certificate is very difficult.So if i changed my DOB in birth certificates i need to change anywhere else.

Also i am used to DOB as 12 th and dont want to suddenly have a new one,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register