LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

LoneFighter (IT)     20 October 2014

Change from pp to private lawyer

Dear experts,

A case is filed and sections mentioned in chargesheet were 420 and 417 for false marriage promise. I guess this is a state case. do court allow complainant to have their own lawyer or can this be dealt only by public prosecutor.

Can someone please provide citations where accused got aquitted .. related to above type of cases.



 2 Replies

Satyadarshi Kunal (advocate)     20 October 2014

Primarily state cases are being conducted by Public prosecutor. However you may hire a lawyer who may move an application for assistance to PP and in practicality PP would be there for namesake and case will be conducted by your lawyer only. As far as citation is concerned, each case has its own merit, nobody would be able to provide you with relevant citation until or unless you tell us your exact case.



1 Like

LoneFighter (IT)     21 October 2014

@Satyadarshi kunal Sir: Thanks for the reply. will PM you the case details. 


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register