LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divyesh (Java Developer)     15 May 2010

Change Father name on Birth Certificate

If divorced woman has one child (3 years old) and she want to change father name on birth certificate of her child, is it possible to place her name on birth certificate? What are possibilities to change the father name on birth certificate. It may possible that mother of the divorced woman adopt child and place the father name of the divorced woman?

Learning

17 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     15 May 2010

well practically it is not possible, but inexceptional cases it is possible, but father name has to be of male and not female.

there is a procedure for the same.

Regards

A V Vishal (Advocate)     15 May 2010

Not possible even under exceptional cases also.

Ashok Yadav (Lawyer)     15 May 2010

Name o fth efathers can not be changed. It may be changed if it has written wrong by mistake only. Can you tell why u want to change the name of the father, is there any specific reason. Upon any specific reason it can be answered properly.

nidhi kalia (lawyer)     15 May 2010

I DO AGREE WITH MR ASHOK YADAV

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     15 May 2010

Father name cannot be changed, but if son does not want to use the name of the father he can use the mother name

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     16 May 2010

change of father name will be an amount to fraud. 

i understood the problem. you may put your name as gurdian of the child.

if any problem arise show the divorce certificate of the mother, and the marriage certificate if any, before the authority.

Divyesh (Java Developer)     19 May 2010

Thanks for your reply.

Mother(divorced woman) of the child do not want to put name of the father(her husband with whom she got divorced) . In this case, what are the possibilities to change the name of the father of her child in the birth certificate.

- She has divorced certificate
 and marriage certificate as well.

Yoonuse (a)     15 July 2010

Father name is more important than a mother name... Hope you understand.. otherwise there is no meaning of mother for this child...

Munirathnam (Scientist)     15 July 2010

If women changes father name and puts another man's name there find the chances to file rape case and adultary cses on new father.... then let the court decide on what happened.

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     15 July 2010

Is it really so that a father's name is more important than a Father's name. Things have started changing in schools and otherwise in this part of India. Previously schools had demanded both father's and mother's names but now only one parent's signature do--be it mother or father. The changes have mainly happened for the benefit of a single woman with child. Prior to this provision, single mothers would under go a lot of humiliations because of this issue that a father's signature needs to be there on the admission form. This is just one example. In a state like Tamilnadu the initials used to be first letter of the father's name. Now initials are encouraged which have first letters of both father and mother's name. These are just two small but significant examples. I do not know much about law, and my answer does not address the query but a core issue of the relative importance of father and mother and especially the statement that the mother lose all meaning without father's name. There are cases when a child is born and father's name is not known and those children find all the meanings in their mothers and they have their child rights intact. 

I again say my answer has nothing to do with this query but addressing the statement that father's name is more important than the mother's name. If  there are such laws existing then it is time they are critically examined by the esteemed community of legal experts.

Regards

RG

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     15 July 2010

Please read the first sentence of my posting as  :  father' name is more important than mother's name. RG

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     15 July 2010

"Father name is more important than a mother name... Hope you understand.." 

- it is wrong to say father's name, more important. mother also equally important. 

the actual father, not necessarily be a biological father.

the person who married the said mother and taking responsibility of the child, is the father in real sense.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     15 July 2010

"Father name is more important than a mother name... Hope you understand.." 

- it is wrong to say father's name, more important. mother also equally important. 

the actual father, not necessarily be a biological father.

the person who married the said mother and taking responsibility of the child, is the father in real sense.

it is already in custom. no problem.

(Guest)

Dear Sirs,

Can you please let me know if there is any procedure to change the fathers name on the birth certificate, when the mother has got a divorce from the father.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register