LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SUMAN (ASST.ENGG)     28 May 2015


I chadalasuman had done B.Tech at NIT Calicut in 2010.During my graduation period (2006-10)no CGPA to % CONVERSION was followed. But from 2012 onwards NIT CALICUT has been following (CGPA�10)-5 Formula.Earlier students before 2012 had received a copy from NIT CALICUT stating that "The institution doesn't follow CGPA to percentage conversion.Hence CGPA can be directly converted to percentage I'm not offending the university for following the above conversion formula. But in 2015 march the Senate had passed a resolution that the current conversion formula will be applicable to the old batch students. This decision with retrospective effect has made me ineligible for IOCL and ONGC interviews scheduled on 9-06-15 and 17-06-15 respectively. Some of the old students(prior 2012)were also affected by this for various other purposes. Based on this can I file a PIL in HIGH COURT.


 5 Replies

bsrao   28 May 2015

You can challenge it directly in a writ petition under Art. 226 in the High Court, as you became a victim. No need for a PIL. If you still want to prefer a PIL, no issue. 

Deepak A E   20 February 2016

I want your email id

Deepak A E   20 February 2016

I want your email id

anil   24 February 2016

Did anyone filed a PIL regarding thos matter.Please give info regarding their case..It is being done with many ppl..It will be useful for them for reference.

1 Like

SUMAN (ASST.ENGG)     25 February 2016

A guy named Guru dharsan 2010 passed out has been fighting in High Court against NIT Calicut for the past 3 years.

Contact Number:9619125815

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register