LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nazeer Ahmed (Managing Director)     10 August 2011

Certify copies not given

I am an accused in a 138 case filed on me in chennai by extorting the cheque through Police station during the previous regime as the complainant is well influenced politically and after the complainant deposition and cross since the complainant could not satisfy the court he brought the police officer as a witness and the fact is the officer had deposed and the matter is remaining for us to cross. As i was not happy with the service of the existing advocate so i am in the process of changing the advocate. Now when i applied for the copies of the deposition by PW2, the officer is refusing to give me the copies saying that only advocates are entitled to get the copies.I represented to the concerned court by filling a petition to direct the officer to issue me the copies, the honourable judge directed me to first cancel the memo of appearance by another advocate and apply through him. Is iam not entitle to get the certify copy as iam the party to the proceedings? can you suggest should i have to seek direction under 482 or should i have to go by filling writ in high court, is law does not permit the party to the proceedings for the certified copies, i want to fight for the right kindly sugges?

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     10 August 2011

Officer cannot deny the supply of the certified copies.  You file an application for certified copies, if they denied then file a complaint before the district judge.

Nazeer Ahmed (Managing Director)     11 August 2011

I had represented to the concerned court by filling a pettition to direct the officer to issue me the copies but the court came down on me by saying that i have first to cancel the memo filed by the advocate and then enter into a new memo to get the certified copies. please guide me what i have to do/

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register