Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Family Guy (b)     18 July 2014

Certified copy of divorce decree

Dear Eminent Members...

Background: Divorce papers are signed in court in the form of a MCP. The consent terms are executed.

With this background, could any one of the learned members let me know as to

1. what is a normal period (in days, after the signing of mutual consent petition and claimaffidavit in court by both parties) for issuance of a certified divorce decree.. simply put.. if today you sign the papers and apply for a certified copy, in how many days it is issued.... and

2. Whether a copy of court order is issued and given to the parties in the interim period before a certified copy can be obtained

Thanks in advance...

Learning

8 Replies

SATENDRA KUMAR MISHRA (Advocate)     18 July 2014

You can receive it in 3 days if you apply urgently. It takes a week in ordinary procees. 

1 Like

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     18 July 2014

Dear Client ,

In MCD petition after first motion you can apply for the order copy after the signatures of the Family court Judge in two ways One is Urgent application by which by third day you will get a Order copy and other one is by the ordinary application under which you get the copy within 15 days from the date of the application only the persons who are the prty in person or their authorised Advocates can apply for the certified copy from the copying section.

For further legal assistance on nominal charges, you can contact me on below mentioned address and Phone number, Please call after Court Hrs to get a suitable appointment date and timeing.

Advise, always take assistance from an experienced and well educated Advocate of the field. You can see my credentials on this very site for my appraisal.

Anand Bali & Associates

204-B, Nanda Devi Apartments,

Plot-19, Sec-10, 

Dwarka,

New Delhi-110075

Ph -9582144748

1 Like

Family Guy (b)     18 July 2014

@ Anand Bali... Thanks for the information. Regretfully, the matter is not in a New Delhi court.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 July 2014

After pronouncement of judgment in the MCD case, it will take atleast a week's time by the concerned court to dispose the back bundle to the records section after observing necessary formalities including judgement endorsement and the copies.  After that the counsel of the petitioner(s) can file a copy application seeking certified copy of the judgment and order, as advised by advocate friends, if the application is filed as emergent the copies can be expected on the third day otherwise  normally t takes a week's time.   What is lawyer's opinion in this regard?

sandykrish (Interested in Family LAW)     30 July 2014

I second the words of Kalaiselvan. Once the Judgement is pronounced you can apply for the certified copies of the orders and it will take approximately 7-10 working days.

For receiving the divorce decree it would take 15 days.

If you are proactive in coughing money to pillar and post it can be within 7 days

ashish   25 July 2015

Dear sir, 

I, had petition for mutual divorce in the year 1996-1997 and we had two hearing in this process.

but that time i did not take any paper from the advocate engaged by the wife (second petitioner)

but i got the information that mutual divorce granted after 1-2  year (1996-1997) and i have case file no. and year and(ADJ of the District court of Delhi.)

In year (1999) I got re-married.

it is almost 18 years passed and i have one daughter 15 years old, and i got marriage affidavit 

Now I would like to get issued my Passport and to delete the former  spouse name from the old passport and therefore I need the  COURT CERTIFIED COPY OF DIVORCE DECREE.

to satisfy the department of passport to acknowledge the My Divorce Decree as a document.

please let me know the process to obtain the  COURT CERTIFIED COPY OF DIVORCE DECREE.   as I am the First petitioner of the mutualy consent divorce.

sandykrish (Interested in Family LAW)     25 July 2015

First of it don't high jack the thread of others to post your issues, create a new one which will help learned experts to comment with ease and for you to receive the information in future. Visit the court which granted the divorce apply as the party by paying court fee, it depends on the no of pages available in the judgement copy and all set, my gut feeling it should not exceed rs 250/- or you have an option of express services where the amount should not exceed 500/. For this you don't need the services of lawyer but your time to go and apply and follow up with them.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     27 July 2015

Dear Friend Mr Ashish,

As it is very Old now and it must have been sent to the record room it will make much difficult to get it traced out but it is also not a impossible task. There are minimum charges for a copy is Rs 100/- which depends on the number of pages involved however in your case a fresh Vakalat Nama is to be taken to get the copy of the Decree which only be given either to be given to the Advocate who was involve in the case or to the parties themselves.

A seperate Private Message also have been sent to you on the same subject please go through it.your work will be done.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register