25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498a victim (job)     27 July 2016

Certified complain copy

Respected All

As i said in last post that my wife has registered a complain in city police of fake 498A

police station has transfered case to mahila daksh*ta samiti 

we have been called of and our answer was taken by them, in which her father and she told that they want divorce and we said we are ready to take back her home which she refused

now i asked lady constable for complaint copy so she said that u need to do application for that means RTI.

so my question is, is it necessary to file RTI to obtain the same or regular application will work for it

one more thing is on the complain copy which i saw there there was no. written like xxxx/2016

is it FIR no?

if i file RTI can i ask the copy of FIR, means if FIR not file will asking for same will impact anything negatively

thanks to all in advance


 4 Replies

innocenthusband   27 July 2016

why you are ready to take her back home? A woman who raises a criminal complaint against you has no place in your life. Complaint copy can be obtained once you hire a lawyer.

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 July 2016

What is the problem in obtaining FIR copy  under RTI? It is a simple and in=expensive procedure.

Sandhya Srinivas (Advocate & Legal consultant)     27 July 2016

You do not mention about FIR copy. You file an application under RTI for the copies of Complaint filed on that date. If they give NCR then FIR not filed. otherwise they only issue FIR copy to you.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 July 2016

Cost to be incurred thru RTI is negligible.

Visit RTI section in DCP/CP/SP office with IPO of Rs.10/ and other @ Rs.2/page and your ID copy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query