LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     01 June 2010

Census

Every ten years the great day arrives when we are counted (Census). This years data includes:

Name, age, profession, qualification, father's name, father's father's name, mother's name, mother's mother's name, names of sons and daughters with their age, qualification, profession, owners of radio, TV, cycle, motor cycle, car, house, years of stay, blah, blah, blah. Remember no CASTE yet.

A family lives on the footpath. They are great citizens of India. No ration card, no passport, no domicile certificate, no census taken, no school, no hospital, no house, no birth or death certificate, they speak a dialect which I can't understand, their children are born and die on the roadside. They are allowed to fill a couple of buckets of water from a nearby society tap. Roadside itself is their lavatory. They are daily wage earners. Buy their requirements from he nearby grocery store on daily basis and make out a living from day to day. They can't count beyond ten-twenty. I did not talk to him about Antyodaya Yojana, Rozgar Guarantee Yojana, GDP, CIP, Inflation, MNCs. 

Rajiv Gandhi - 15 paise out of Re.1 goes to villages.

Rahul Gandhi - 5 paise out of Re.1 goes to village ( from father ton son great improvement)

I have no hear to tell the family that it is not poverty. We all are reaping the fruits of globalisation. If the foodgrains are rotting in FCI godowns and sold as cattle feed, it is not because there are no human being with hungry mouths but it is more important to feed cattle. 

The story is endless. India is the fastest growing economy. We continue to pay higher prices for our daily needs at a faster pace.

Learning

10 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     01 June 2010

Anil, I entirely agree with you. Not only that all those central schemes are unheard of by those people for whom they were sanctioned by the government of India. we are talking about India emerging as a as a global Leader, but consider this: there are mass of people living with basic medical facilities which resulted in deaths of many precious lives like pregnancy, fever etc; this is despite extreme poverty and basic drinking water? Can we take the pride in the Glory of India as a Global Leader trying to enter UNSC?

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     01 June 2010

Please read as without basic medical facilities

MOHAMMED ASLAM QURAISHI (EX.SR MARKETING OFFICER)     09 July 2010

I MOHAMMED ASLAM QURAISHI RESIDENT OF D-1-1-603 very regret to inform that till today nobody turn up gfor census at the said address in fact the whole building is exempted from census despite time and again reminded to the conceren department but of no response

kindly help me my address is as follows

YAMUNA NAGAR WELFARE CO OP HSG STY.

LOKHANDWALA COMPLEX OPP. MILLAT NAGAR

ANDHERI WEST MUMBAI 400053

MOHAMMED ASLAM QURAISHI

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     10 July 2010

Even children being used to sell goods/article whole day with a renumeration Rs. 10/-(Ten Rupees) per day. If they misplaces or any loss of goods/article will get realised from their salary. More than 35 crore people does not earn even dollars a day. With keeping this view, just see how our politicians and Babus enjoys.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     10 July 2010

mr quraishi,

you are right.

if the area delebarately kept out of census, there must be some illigal cause. your demand is genuine.

send the matter to higher officials of the govt. also take care of your person, because i feel you are going to challenge some culprits - who delebarately stop census of that area.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     11 July 2010

HAPPY TO SEE YOUR OBJECTION MR GOODBOY.50.

MY ANS AS BELLOW:-

1) data is the main source of good management.

firstly it has to be collected, thereafter it to be analised.

i am not seeing any filmsy ground, but if you find any one, you may protest against it.

sometimes it happens that, one can not understand the importence of that data.

2) it may be misused by antisocials or corrupt people - it can not be a logic for stop census.

it can be demanded that the data should be kept safely and out of reach of antisocials or corrupt people.

also public should be catous and alert more.

3) India is a welfare state - that's why data collection more importent.

census & uid very importent and. must be done.

it is not misused of public money.

it is an good expense for the purpose of good governance.

4) the said point is logic less.

it is seperate issue that the person occuping govt officials are corrupt, but for that reason census, uid should not be stopped.

CAN YOU SAY MR GOODBOY.50,

HOW BANGLADESI PEOPLE WILL BE CAUGHT AT ASSAM AND MUMBAI?

CENSUS, UID WILL HELP GOVT.

AFTERALL EVERYONE IS NOT CORRUPT.

WE (INCLUDING ME AND YOU) ALL, FIGHTING FOR A CORRUPTIONLESS ADMINISTRATION.

YES NOT TODAY, BUT TOMORROW WE WILL GET IT.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register