LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

G. Prakash (proprietor)     14 March 2013

Cc no. 683/13 138 ni act

Dear All,


      Since, i've lost my job & personal loss, i'd unable to honour cheques belongs to personal loan at HDFC bank. Today i've received a summon from court states that, i've to appear in person & mentioned in the summon  as   cc no. 683/13  138 NI act . At present my finance position is very critical and  i earned around Rs. 5,000/-pm by doing day today work.  Since, my position is like this i'm unable to honour the cheques.  While i was in job i've paid the dues in proper.  

     Kindly advice me what should i do?


Thanks and regards,


Prakash Ganapathy.



 1 Replies

Divya (nil)     14 March 2013

Please equally check did u receive a legal notice that ur cheque has bounced under 138 NI & u also need to look at the time frame comparing with the NI act...


Most of the supreme court decisions favor that "security cheques" can come under NI but a Bombay HC judgment can come to ur defense.

Bombay High Court

Ramkrishna Urban Co-Operative ... vs Shri Rajendra Bhagchand Warma on 16 February, 2010



You cannot base ur case on purely LCI, u have to contact a local 138 specialist for ur defense...that's d only way out....Banks are becoming cruel day-by-day & u have to take prevention.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query