IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amaz37 (director)     19 January 2010

CBI enquiry on wife’s wealth

Can I file application into Delhi High Court to order CBI enquiry on wife’s wealth, against her maintenance application u/s 24 in HMA, she is billionaires, I know this, but I don’t have any proof, I know she transfer all her real estate and other shares and FD to other family members before or after knowing this divorce case.





 2 Replies


Court will not entertain to direct CBI enquiry in such matters.  The appropriate course of action is to obtain income tax returns by way of RTI (or move application through the court to summon income tax officers with the concerned record) and gift deeds/transfer deeds/sale deeds allegedly passed over by her to her near relatives.  These documents can be obtained by way of RTI.  Place them before the court along with the reply to the application u/s. 24 of the Act.

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     22 January 2010

No CBI also will not entertain your complaint. Only if you proof that her property is more than her income you can approach Anti Curption Bureau ACB and can ask for inquiry also way suggested by prabhakar.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query