IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav (TL)     24 November 2010

CAW - First Date


Hello Sir,

Today, I had first date at CAW cell. There my wife started putting all false allegations on me & my family, regarding dowry and physical torture.

I also clarified to them that she is putting false allegations.

There the Inspector asked me to give whatever I am saying in written. I refused to give in writing.

Pls suggest I did right or wrong.


 8 Replies

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     24 November 2010

if u r innocent,give in writing,else they will think u r the abuser & so afraid of accepting your wrongs.

1 Like

Gaurav (TL)     24 November 2010

Hi Roshni,

I am innocent, but I am scared that they can manipulate the words. And lawyers at later stage can use words differently.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     24 November 2010

attach v.solid proofs of what u say...and also collect her written complaint .if she has not given it,ask her to give in writing the allegations she's putting.if u show your fear,they will harass u more.so be bold.

appoint an honest,compassionate lawyer and take his guidance at every step while preparing your written admission.

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     24 November 2010

no need to attach proofs. write ur reply in a manner that u have proofs to prove wat u are saying at a later stage. did u get a copy of her compliant letter. if not file an rti seeking details of complaint against you. if u get it then send a written reply drafted in consultation with a good criminal(not matri) lawyer. do not give any hint of solid proofs at all.

Gaurav (TL)     24 November 2010

I appointed a lawyer and my lawyer asked me not give anything in writing without consulting my lawyer. CAW inspector said they wont give me the copy of complaint. As per rule it can not  be given.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     24 November 2010

Apply to RTI ,asking for all the papers,written complaint etc they have filed with CAW cell.u will get it.


Applied your mind on above advise and the rest will do your lawyer.

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     24 November 2010

they have to give the copy of complaint under rti

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query