LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prabha (patent agent)     19 March 2013

Cat jurisdiction

I am employed in a  central government  company  and was suspend since last 5.5 months. I participated in enquiry in feb 2013. I was not provided or shown the documnets based on which my suspension was issued. what do i do??

further, the company is in chennai. I am staying in noida. can i file a case before the delhi CAT. The company has a small registered office in delhi.

Learning

6 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   19 March 2013

You should file a case in Central Administrative Tribunal where you were working within the jurisdiction in the State

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 March 2013

things are not clear.

where are you posted?

is iit deptt or PSU?

If PSU whether in CAT jurisdiction?

You have no right to see basis of suspension.  But document forming basis of inquiry have to be shown to you. 

You are confused you need to meet someone having knowledge of disciplinary matteres, with full paperes.

Advocate M.Bhadra   20 March 2013

The public sector or central government undertakings are not covered within the jurisdiction of central administrative tribunal. In fact even central government autonomous(some of these) bodies may or may not be governed. For coverage within the CAT for redressal of grievances pertaining to service matters, the concerned Ministry/Department /DOPT comes out with a notification indicating inclusion or exclusion of any body under the purview of CAT. You may check up with your own department or administrative ministry the status of your organisation.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 March 2013

You can check up at the website of CAT. It gbives list of all organisations (PSU/localbodies/Auto nomoous bodies) which are in jurisdiction.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     22 March 2013

first you should state the particulars clearly while requesting a answer so that hear without seeing the papers the forum will answer only on the query what you give the details 

you give wheater yous is central government means which department 

first you check the jurisdiction noida means you will come under CAT DELHI PRINCIPAL bench

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 June 2013

repeated https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Legal-assistance-required-83249.asp#.UcnGm9jQzml

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register