Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suhasdarshan (Associate)     29 March 2010

casting vote is a mistake says MNC!

I am working for an MNC in Bangalore.

On 28th March 2010 (Sunday), there were BBMP election (municipal election) held.

Saturday and Sunday is off here in my company, but however we are supposed to work

in the busy season even on weekeds. I was told to work on Saturday & Sunday, this week by my project manager.

Saturday I worked, but Sunday purposepully I didn't want to work because of elections.

I also had informed the concerned person regarding the same.

But on Monday when I reached office, my project manager & team leader asked me why didn't I work on Sunday.

I told that I had to cast my vote, so I didn't work. There were heated arguments with me.

Now I am worried when I heard that this issue is gonna get escalated to higher authorities.

Please guide me.

Learning

5 Replies

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     29 March 2010

hello sir voting is the fundamental right of the indian citizen. no one can stop you from voting. if there have any big problem then ask the explanation( written explanation only)  to the manager after that you can file a case against that company under fundamantal right ( rit pition) HAVE A GOOD DAY

1 Like

Daksh (Student)     29 March 2010

Mr.Suhasdarshan,

Your mail seems to be self contradictory as in the guise of casting your vote you are trying to justify your unaccounted holiday to your seniors.

See from their perspective first - No I am not justifying the fact that you are not entitled to vote but see the practicability of delay in the project work (where the time limit is always of paramount importance).

We all are entitled to have our views and also self respect as well but equally important is the fact that we should be able to justify our commitment to our work.

Best Regards

Daksh

1 Like

Suhasdarshan (Associate)     29 March 2010

Mr.Daksh,

Regarding "loyalty" towards our employer, my company has removed the O.T  (overtime payment) concept.

They tell we can only claim travel and food allowance on these two days which seems to be not feasible.

We are made to stretch our work timings and work for more than 12 hrs during busy seasons.

We don't even have employees union or any such to raise questions.

When we are not paid for our hardwork, then why do we have to sacrifice our rights?

Pay is very pathetic, but still why I am sticking to this company is just for experience.

I am pursuing law, I am in 4th sem. There's nobody to raise voice against over exploitation of man power in these MNC's.

Is Corporate Social Responsibility dead ?

Satya Narayana Palukuru (Advocates & Mediators.)     04 July 2010

we should have a striking balance between work responsibilities and also

the role of citizen of this nation.

Please rember silence on part educated citizen is more dangerous

than hues and cries of a politician

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     05 July 2010

Casting vote is not mandatory/compulsory.With prevailing situation and condition they would have told like that.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register