LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

unknown (nbxcgnbxc)     06 October 2012

Caste problem in marriage

Dear sir, 

                   My caste is schedule caste. One girl recently proposed me and we loved each other. We both are working as project leaders in a big organisation. After seeing so many proposals i did not  find right partner and i know the girl already but because of caste issue i did not approach her. But when she told that she will convince her parents then i accepted to marry her. She  is from reddy community. My question is whether i can convert to reddy caste and marry her. And in future i want my children also to be in reddy community i dont want them to be in SC community. Legally is it possible for me to change caste or is there any simple way i can become reddy.

Can i stop using my Scchedule caste  privelliges to my children and let them be as general category. 

Will there be any problem in future.

Thank you,



 3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     06 October 2012

1. Caste cannot be changed thy name marriage in reference to male.

2. A person gets born under a caste in
same caste he takes to his grave.

3. After enjoying benefits of caste in day-to-day life, the moment you are falling in love you are questioning your own caste saying you want to denounce same through with which you enjoyed all the benefits till date, now same is not allowed.

pradeep (na)     06 October 2012

Why you want to change your caste? What it matters? You are not doing the cores as stipulated in varna system in shastras. Even shastras also say that varna is by 'Karma', not by 'Janma'; but now in present condition in is decided by Janma only.

So, be like Reddy, without changing your caste. do not use your caste previlages now but keep the certificates, it may be useful to your next generations, God knows.

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     06 October 2012

This is strange. When people agitate to be included in the SC list, you  want to go the other way.

Howevr, you can not change your caste for getting benefit. After marriage, your wife will not get the benefit of SC.

Your children can avail the benefit given to SC. 

However, even belonging to SC, you can refuse to mention yourself or your children as SC & call youself general caste. There is no bar for that.

After that you can make an affidavit before the 1st class judicial magistrate stating that you have changed  your title from your present title to Reddy & be called as Reddy afterwards.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register