LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant   21 April 2017

Caste mentioned wrongly

I am from pattasali  caste but while  writting in School leaving certificate it was wrongly written as veerashaiva pattasali but such caste does not exist but  they two different castes.Now due to this I am not fitting into any reservation group I would like to know how to change this to either veerashaiva or pattasali.Basicaly we are weavers who used to make clothes manualy but later  as they extinguished  our father started to work in govt service. Please inform me where and how to proceed.


 3 Replies

Lawyer, Bonum Lex LLP (Law Firm)     21 April 2017

For the caste change in your document ,you have to fill up a "gazette application form for change of name in birth certificate and school leaving certificate". You can download this form easily and can complete the process online only. There are two types of gazettes:-

1. General Gazette - It can be done in 60 days and the rate is Rs. 550 only.

2. Tatkal Gazette - It can be done in 25 to 30 days and the rate is Rs. 1100 only.

The documents required for Name change In gazette for Major / Minor :-

For Major / Adults ( Mandatory Documents )
ID Proof : Pan card or Passport or Driving Licence or Aadhar Card or Voters Id
Address proof : Ration Card or Aadhar Card or Electricity Bill
Photo : One Passport Size Photo
Application Form : Duly Signed Application Form with all details Old & New Name, Correspondence address, Contact Details & reason for Name change

For Minor below 18 years (Mandatory Documents)
ID Proof: Aadhar card or School id or Aadhar Card
Address Proof: Ration card or Aadhar Card
Age Proof: Birth Certificate or Bonafide
Photo: One Passport Size Photo
Application Form : Duly Signed By Minor if possible and parents or Guardians

 As its a Online process all the documents need to be in JPEG format with File size

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     21 April 2017

Basically castes are a farce in fact; one has to examine one's IQ and compare with  best intellect and other different grades of intellects and assess that itself is enough to certify one's levels and grade that is in this scentific age - wy you want to be low level intellect to claim reservation, reservation reflects low level intellect nothing otherwise; be a weaver but you may be very bright and intelligent person that itself equip you for better future - today Wipro removed 500 persons for non performance - for non performance category there is nothing called 'reservation' fellows cannot be removed - you yourselves resisit being called reserved category person for reservation concept is just some political ploy for vote bank politics the politicians would say just because of them weavers got reserrvation else you fellows would be thrown out better vote us to power , we will behave like KCR of telengana as some king not as peoples' representatives - people are are real VIPs like you or anybody - never bow before so called KCRs assert yourselves improve yur abilities - your abilites only can secure very good jobs so tpp [romotions no need of any age barrier as such... it is foolish run after school certificates like wild ghoose chasing friend, tks.    

Rajeevkumar   03 January 2018

Do we really have to fill the name change gazette form to change the caste in the school leaving certificate?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register