LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prajakta Mahajan   25 July 2016

Caste certificate for child born to intercaste parents

We r residents of Maharashtra state, mother being SC and father belonging to OBC, wanted to know whether the daughter can apply for mother's SC caste certificate.The daughter has taken mother's name and surname as middle name and last name respectively.also under what section or rule is this possible legally?

Learning

12 Replies

NARENDER RAO BASAVARAJU (Advocate)     25 July 2016

Some time back the matter was clarified by a central minister stating that a daughter/son can choose her/his cast i.e either the cast of the mother or the cast of the father depending on her/his choice.

Mukesh sharma (job )     25 July 2016

Hi prajakat you not think about it its all depend on your and your wife and thier no law between name given as per your choice if your wife wnat to give her sarname or you give your sarname as your choice 

th nks 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 July 2016

The child will have caste of his father.

Can anyone provide me any GR/ section number/act,etc which states the same

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 July 2016

repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Caste-certificate-for-child-born-to-intercalate-parents-140145.asp

My question still remains d same..section number/act/law???

My question still remains d same..section number/act/law??? These details r not mentioned there

My question still remains d same..section number/act/law??? These details r not mentioned there

NARENDER RAO BASAVARAJU (Advocate)     03 August 2016

Father from upper caste and mother  sc.

What  is the caste of the child ?

Honorable, supreme court of India clarified that, the caste of the child will have to be decided on the facts of the case. If the mother is sc and the child is brought up in the sc families , then the child can  get sc cast.

For case law : RAMESH BHAI DABHAI NAIKA VS. STATE OF GUJARAT &ORS  dt 18th january 2012

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register