LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mukesh (ff)     26 November 2013

Caste certificate & ration card

1> can ration card of 1949 be considered as resident proof for caste certificate ? coz as per GR 2010 which was shown to me by old custom house employee it is not a valid proof of residency 

2> I want to get caste certificate for my son who is 2yrs old. I have caste certificate issued from old custom house, my brother too have it from same office also his certificate is validated. We both have school leaving mentioning our cast, my father too have school leaving of 1957 mentioning our caste. i have my grandfathers ration card of 1949 with residential address. we both brothers have samaj certificate mentioning our cast issued by our cast.

But old custom house officials are not accepting the ration card as proof saying ration card is not valid for proof as per GR 2010. Also they want leaving certificate of before 1950. as my father was not born before 1952 and my grand father was illetrate we dont have LC. Nor do we have rent payment receipt of 1950 as required by old custom house. 

kindly suggest.

mukesh 

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 November 2013

please produce your voter I card of that address.

If you are not a voter in that area you are not  "ordinary resident" of that area within the meaning of Section 20 of Representation of Peoples Act. so not entitled for caste certificate from that address.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register