LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anurag (Self Employed)     06 June 2011

Caste Certificate



This is Anurag (32 years) born  & live in chennai  and I  have a query related to caste certificate. My father  Late Virendra belong to Kumhar community( MBC community) from Madhya pradesh. He moved  to chennai 45 years back and married my mother who is from Tanjavur district (Tamil Nadu) and she belongs to a Forward Caste .My father died 8 years ago and I do not know about any relatives of my father side as he never discussed about it to my mother or me. 

The problem is i want to apply for an caste certificate . I want to know whether  i belong to MBC  (OBC ) or forward caste . If i belong to OBC then what are the procedures related to optaining the caste certificate and whether i should apply in chennai or madhya pradesh.


Please advise me as am unemployed and want to write govt exam to get a job.






 2 Replies

G.Nagarajeshwar Rao (Advocate)     07 June 2011

Mr.Anurag! Caste will be applies, which is father's caste, in mitakshara school of law. One thing! relegion can be changed on the desire of the individual, but caste can not be changed himself. The caste will be by birth. It is depends upon the schools of Hindu Law.  

G.Nagarajeshwar Rao (Advocate)     07 June 2011

If you are belonged to Mithakshara school of law, you will be issued certificate with your father's caste. The caste certificate will be issued by the thahasildar / Mandal Revenue Officer or Block officer / Taluq Officer, of concerned area, in which your parents are residing and having ration card, etc., 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query