Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rafiuddin Quraishi (jbit)     23 May 2014

Caste certificate

Respected Sir,

Sub-Change of Caste Certificate from BC-E(Shaik)to the actual Entry No. 321 Quresh (Muslim Butchers) 12011/68/93-BCC(C ) dt 10.09.93 and 12011/4/2002-BCC dt.13-01-2004

My name is Asifuddin Quraishi and I'm from Hyderabad- Andhra Pradesh.

Back in 2011, after getting my EAMCET(engineering entrance test) result we had to fill the college application form, for which I had to apply and take out my caste certificate.

I went to the office and showed them that we are Quraishi and told them that we should be given this certificate. But the authorities did not listen to us and told that they would give a BC-E shaik certificate.

I had shown all my certificates like 10th memo, ration card, inter memo which clearly has the surname 'QURAISHI' engraved in it but still he didn't pay any heed.

I believe that because no one in my family had ever applied for any caste certificate, the authority did not issue me my actual certificate. 

As the application had to submitted soon, we went ahead, completed the formalities and took the BC-E certificate.

I'm now in my final year of engineering and will be writing GATE exam next year.

I've come to know that in central reservation, my current caste certificate which i have, i.e. BC-E Shaik is not listed, but rather my actual caste i.e. Quraishi is listed.

Therefore, this BC-E Shaik certificate will be of no use after I write my GATE exam and my actual caste certificate of 'QURAISHI' would be useful.

Sir, my question is that how should I now approach this situation? Should I now charge the authorities of the error they have done? I'm desperately in need of my actual caste certificate.

The constitution doesn't allow a person to change his caste, but this is clear case of the authorities not checking thoroughly and displaying laxity.

I'm looking forward to your guidance Sir.

Thanks for your time.

Asifuddin Quraishi

Learning

7 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2014

There is no provision for change of caste.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     24 May 2014

If your father/brother/nearest relatives  are employed  and disclose their caste in service certificate,you can seek such certified copy and submit the same to concerned authorities.

Unfortunately, several enlightened citizens irrespective of their castes are preparing grounds even before child's birth to select a backward class and to claim such reservation engineer the same caste right from admission, and this is really affecting really deserving candidates.

May be realising this, authorities wanted confirmation through other source.

One can not change the caste, but has a right to obtain a certificate of his real caste from authorities.

Either you have to file a writ before APHC seeking their interference for making suitable inquiries and give the caste certificate by such authority.  Though it is expensive and time delaying, but rest of your generation may derive benefit out of this one time measure.

Contact a good advocate or HC Legal Services Commitee for free legal advice.

Rafiuddin Quraishi (jbit)     24 May 2014

Well actually as I mentioned earlier that no one in my family has ever applied for a caste certificate and i'm the first one to do so. Maybe this is the thing that hindered them from issuing it. Now I think i'll have to go to the courts now and follow the due process. Thanks a lot for your reply Sir!

malipeddi jaggarao (retired banker)     24 May 2014

Who has issued the BC-E Certificate?

You have made a mistake by accepting a wrong certificate and also using it in your graduation. 

However, you need not disclose that you have obtained the certificate and used it (as you have not claimed any higher reservation than that for which you are eligible).

Apply afresh for caste certificate.  It is the duty of the issuing authority to verify whether the application is correct or not.  Normally Tehsildar (previously MRO) issues caste certificates.  You are in Hyderabad.  Approach your Ward member or MLA and request them to confirm the contents of your application.  Wait for reasonable time and still if your work is not done at lower level, see the Tehsildar directly. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2014

Agreed with the opinions and advises by Shri Malipedi Jagga Rao on the issue referred here.  The querist may follow the suggestions offered by learned expert.

malipeddi jaggarao (retired banker)     25 May 2014

Thanks Shri Kalaiselvanji.

Rafiuddin Quraishi (jbit)     25 May 2014

@Kalaiselvan Sir-Yes Sir, I think I'll proceed that route now.

@Jaggarao Sir-Special thanks for your valuable suggestion Sir.  I'll share all the suggestions you have given with my father and proceed further. This website is really great and all of you are doing a great service by giving your time and helping those in need. Once again, thanks to all of you for your valuable suggestions!

Regards,

Asifuddin

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More