LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul   30 November 2020

Cases against wife's boyfriend


My wife has an affair after marriage with her boyfriend. I want to file cases against her boyfriend to teach him a lesson.
What kind of cases can if file against the boyfriend



 5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 December 2020

There is a proverb, if the gold given is good, you can not blame Gold Smith.   Contact a local advocate as except for seeking divorce you can not proceed against a third person.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     01 December 2020

You do not have any right to file any case against the boyfriend of your wife. If you have indisputable evidence you can file a divorce case against your wife for adultery. 


Unfortunately it is difficult to satisfy your wish to sue the  alleged boyfriend of your wife merely for the cause that your wife has an affair with him.  Perhaps, instead of making it public, you may try to persuade your own wife (if she is willing &  agreeable to do so), and close the chapter.

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 December 2020

What do you mean by 'boy friend' - the word could have more than one connotation!

2 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 December 2020

No such case is made out against her "boy friend", if she is maintaining her relationship. However, you can proceed for divorce on this ground, if you have conclusive evidence.

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents involved in the post,  professional advise and necessary proceeding.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register