LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kush (engr)     23 June 2012

Case transfer

Kindly tell me how much time Supreme court takes to transfer the divorce case from one state to other?

Let me know also how much money is spent (in average) on lawers and on complete procedure to transfer the case from one state to other?

Learning

6 Replies

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora. (Advocate-on-Record Supreme Court of India)     23 June 2012

Dear Querist,

For State to Sate trasnfer of a matrimonial (divorce) case, it would ordinarily take some six months in Supreme Court.

Fee largely depends on many factors. However, approx. 20-25k would be average expenses. Again said, it would depends your handling the situations.

Rabin Majumder

Advocate-on-Record

Supreme Court of India

New Delhi.

cm jain sir (ccc)     23 June 2012

Dont spend too much money on it becoz max chances r there that  the lady will get judgement in her favour.

Merits are ignored in SC also so take care.

But dont leave it and fight it up to last minute.

The case may be sent for mediation and some compromise may happen and also if you get some gud bench then  judgement may be in ur favour.

Ramesh Potedar (Advocate)     24 June 2012

Correct opinion by Mr. Davessar. The transfer petition yields desired results for the wife. Only in rare cases the husband's transfer petition is allowed by the Hon'ble SC.

Very sad to hear this. I agree with the view of TAjobs. Just want to add that if the case is at Mumbai I can also offer any legal assistance free of cost to the family of the deceased in their pursuit to seek justice for him.

I am sorry for inadvertently posting the last message on this thread.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register