LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R K........ (Analyst)     11 May 2012

Case on inlaws

My wife and inlaws logded a false complaint against me for 406/498a. They are looking for out of court selltement and asking for around 20 lakhs. The actual money which they have spent on marriage was around 5-6 lakhs

Can we lodge any kind of complaint against them in court that the main aim of their breaking the relationship is to extract money from us ?


 5 Replies

R K........ (Analyst)     14 May 2012

Please anyone reply..

Is there any way we can file a counter case on my wife about demanding such a big amount to break the relationship ?

Ranee....... (NA)     14 May 2012

Dont do anything.Concentrate on these case.Fight the case.That is the best reward for them if allegations are not true.

Vishwa (translator)     14 May 2012

I beg to differ with Ranee, there are some possibilities for filing case in blackmail/extortion... though I cannot say whether you have sufficient grounds.

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     14 May 2012

Once complains are lodged, you have to defend it . 

If u have sufficient proof of their demanding money to settle, you can file criminal case. 

R K........ (Analyst)     15 May 2012

Yes if we have proof that they are asking money in front of Police.. What kind of case can we file on them ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads