Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Kumar   13 April 2016

Case against university

Hello Respected Sir/Madam

I have cleared my BCA from PTU DEP Jalandhar in Sept 2012. But I didn't get my Detailed Marksheet (DMC) till yet. I also sent several emails to University, but didn;t receive satisfactory result. they asked me to submit NOC from Institute where I have studied, but the institute has been closed in 2012. I also told the university that I am unable to submit NOC because of institute closed, but they are irritating so much. I also visited university in 2014 to get my DMC, but they said, It will get dispatched in 7-10 working days to my communication address.

Due to this problem, I am unable to get admission in further study. Kindly Advice, can I file court case against University.

Thanks for your help in advance

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)
Yea you can if you have any prove that you have cleared all the semesters or years of your study successfully

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 April 2016

The quick and inexpensive way (finally) is to contact a sincere Advocate and filing complaint against University, demanding compensation for harassment and deficiency of services.  Atleast this would warn them of similar cases and they will not dare to act irresponsibly atleat in near future.

Rajesh Kumar   14 April 2016

Thanks for your suggestion. I want to know this case is related to consumer court or civil court because educational institutions are covered through consumer protection law.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 April 2016

This certainly comes under CP Act, as you have paid consideration of fees (EXAM fee, marks list fee etc ) for availing the services of University. The two yard sticks are a)Consideration as fee b)deficiency of services (whether public or private) that resulted in  c)harassment, inconvenience to consumer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register