Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ayekpam Ajit Meitei (Intelligence Bureau pharmacist)     10 April 2011

CASE AGAINST THE EMPLOYER

Sir, 

i would like to file a case against the department over some issues, in this regards i have some queeries:

1.  should i go to CAT or CIVIL COURT and what is the difference

2. Is it necessary to intimate to the the department begore filling the case .

with regards 

Ajit Meitei

Learning

1 Replies

Vijayan Balakrishnan (Junior Works Manager Vigilance & Confidential Office)     11 April 2011

Dear Mr. Meitei,

The difference between CAT and a civil court is that Central Administrative Tribunal is the tribunal established under law to adjudicate on the disputes between the government employees and the aggrieved employees.

A civil court has neither jurisdiction nor expertise to handle such departmental cases.

Hence you may file an Original Application before the CAT under whose jurisdiction you are employed.

It is mandatory to exhaust the departmental remedies / avenues before approaching the CAT.

Therefore, you may submit a representation to your cadre controlling authority in the first instance and preferably give two more reminders, giving reasonable time for the controlling authority to dispose of your representation.

If they do not dispose your representation even after this, you may file an OA, wherein your representation shall also be annexed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register