(By Renu Sharma)
1.In Dec 2007, I visited ICICI Bank, CMH Road, Bangalore for opening a normal Fixed Deposite A/c with them. The branch manager asked me to sign a form .
2. In May 2008 my son met with accident. Since I needed money in that emergency I contacted ICICI Bank to short close my FD and give my money back. At this stage they informed me that instead of putting my money in FD, they had invested my money in an insurance policy (Life Time Super Pension Policy) of ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co.
3. I also came to know that the branch manager himself has filled some other forms rather than Fd forms.
4. In Jun 2008 they took policy from me assuring me to change the product i.e. single premium. But they kept my policy for more than one year and did not change anything.
5. When I approached all the offices of ICICI Bank and Prudential in Bangalore they asked me to go from one office to another.
5. On 24 Sep2009 I wrote to HQrs of ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co, Mumbai and Bangalore but they did not resolve the issue.
6. Finally on 30 May 2011, I made a complaint before District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, Bangalore Urban Distt, Bangalore.
7. On 28 Jul 2011 H’ble President of District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, Bangalore Urban Distt, Bangalore, gave judgement and ordered opposite parties i.e. ICICI Bank and ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co to return my amount with interest alongwith cost of this litigation.
8. On 30 Aug 2011, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co , Bangalore filed an appeal against the above order in Karnataka State Consumer Disputes redressal Commission, Bangalore.
9. On 17 Jul 2013 H’nble President of Karnataka State Consumer Disputes redressal Commission, Bangalore remanded back the case to District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, Bangalore Urban Distt, Bangalore with the direction to provide opportunity to opposite parties to file their version and both to file affidavit evidence.
10. On 03 Dec 2013 H’nble President of District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, Bangalore Urban Distt, Bangalore passed following order:-
The complaint is dismissed. No order to cost.