LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourabh   21 April 2017


Hello All experts..

 i Ashok got married with Priya in Dec 2015. (arrange), After 1 month I came to know that Priya was already married with Someone Else (Love Marriage) by the Court 2 years back. But after all these things me and my family accepted her and tried to live happily. 

   But she was not agree to live in the family. she always tried to get me separate from my family. But I am not ready to get separate from my family. 

   Now she totaly refused to live in my family and pressurize me to get separate from my family. 

  for this thing she also tried some Black Magic (Totka) with the help of her Mother. (Call recording is with me for this Conversation)

  Her monther also told her to file a police case and to give a false statment of domestic violance and dowry case. (Call recording is Avaialable). 

Her Father is a rich guy and got some links with the Ministers also, so he tried to threatened us.

Now I want to get divorce from her. but she is not ready for divoce.

Now my concern is this.....

1. Can I present the call recording as evidence in court.

2. How much alimony i have to pay and for how much period (salary is 18000 P.M. although my wife is MA pass (housewife))

3. We dont have any documents regarding the earlier marriage of her.

4. can she file a dowry case or any other case on our family.

5. Is there any chance to dismiss the case from court. 



 5 Replies

Lawyer, Bonum Lex LLP (Law Firm)     21 April 2017

When your wife is already married and remarried with you without obtaining divorce decree from the first one , it is an offence under section 494 of IPC. Her marriage with you is not a legal marriage and is void. Even you can lodge a complaint against your wife in this regard. There is no point to apply for divorce from your side.

1 Like

Sourabh   22 April 2017

But I dont have any documents about her earlier marriage. 

and moreover now she is not ready to go out from our home... If we ask her to leave she threatened us by suicide activity, filing a fake case against my family. ...

she is living in my home like a paying guest who is not paying any rent and not doing any work but using all the facility like a queen. 

 please help me out what should i do.

Lawyer, Bonum Lex LLP (Law Firm)     01 May 2017

How did you get to know about her previous marriage? If it is convenient for you to find out her legal husband, it can be a great help for you. You may get some document or marriage photograph related to previous marriage or you can record her statement sometime when she discuss about the same .On the basis of any of these evidence you can lodge a complaint in your area’s Police Station.


There are simple procedures to know, pl contact by email for proper course of action.

Born Fighter (xxx)     03 May 2017

Who told you she was married earlier ??? This source can only help you.

You said she got married through court then How difficult will it be to find this out ????? Im unable to understand your claims of her earlier marrage.

She may have obtained divorce also from her earlier husband in which case you cant do anything as ur wife will claim that u knew about her earlier marriage

You can contact a local lawyer and he will help you get her marriage certificate from Registrar of marriage in your city.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register